Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Arete Discussion on Honor

As an advisor, I have been given the opportunity to talk about honor with all of the seventh grade students. They each chose a person that inspires them as an example of honor, and then wrote a brief paragraph about it. I am going to include as many of these on my blog as possible over the next few months. I hope that you enjoy them! (I will keep them anonymous...)

Phil Mickelson Phil Mickelson is an example of honor for dealing with his wife's sickness and his own. He does the right this. Phil can carry on throught many changes. These changes include climate, play and how others play. I will work to be like him and use his strategies in golf. I will try to be honorable like him through difficult situations like what he faced.

Oprah Winfrey Oprah is an honorable person with a place here in my heart and in many others' hearts. She gained respect because she became a role model and changed the world with her words. She donates to people so they could live a better life and gives everyone a second chance to shine. She inspires me to speak with everyone's feelings in mind. She shows that I can change the world.

No comments: